Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
This is a generic FREE business CMO job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Chief Marketing Officer Purpose
A CMO is responsible for developing and overseeing the marketing strategy of a business.
The work includes research into the market and competitors. The Chief Marketing Officer will be responsible for planning the marketing of the business in order to grow a customer base and optimise sales and profits.
The CMO will help decide the overall strategy of their organisation, will be responsible for its growth and financial performance, influence many departments, and help determine business decisions such as mergers and acquisitions.
Note: Chief marketing officers are most commonly found in the private sector, especially in large corporations.
Chief Marketing Officer Responsibilities
- Setting marketing goals and objectives for the business.
- Driving change across the organisation with regard to elements such as social media or digitisation
- Planning and implementing a marketing strategy for the organisation.
- Spot opportunities in the market and drive growth of the business
- Researching the experience of the customer in interacting with the organisation and drive improvements
- Taking responsibility for the look and content of the website(s) and social media outlets, maximising visitor conversion
- Contributing to the growth of the business.
- Acquiring reliable and comprehensive data on sac……TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Business Development Director Job Description
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Non-Executive Director Job Description
Operations Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description