General Manager Job Description
This is a generic FREE general manager job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
General Manager Purpose
The General Manager will be responsible for overseeing employees in order to make sure that the organisation operates according to its vision and goals.
The General Manager will also have overall responsibility for most operational departments
On a daily basis, the General Manager will be involved in promoting the goals of an organisation while working towards reducing costs and improving profits.
General Manager Responsibilities
- Supervising departmental heads. This often includes areas such as hiring, training and managing the performance of each employee
- Developing and maintaining budgets. This can include budgets for individual departments or overall areas of the organisation.
- Assisting line managers with hiring, training and managing the performance of each employee
- Planning, coordinating and managing all business operations to achieve corporate goals.
- Evaluating current business processes and systems
- Supporting sales teams and key account managers in retention of existing clients.
- Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them.
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure that company positions are filled promptly.
- Approving spending for relevant departments based on data and critical thinking.
- Improving internal processes and ensuring employees work as a cohesive unit.
- Managing administrative, logistical, human resources, and accoun…..TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a general manager or another executive?