Chairman Job Description
This is a generic FREE chairman job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
As chairman, you will have a strategic role that is involved with representing the vision of an organisation.
You will be responsible for strategic matters, and setting high governance standards. The chairman plays a pivotal role in increasing the effectiveness of the Board and individual directors, both inside and outside the board room.
You will be responsible for ensuring that there is effective communication with the leadership team and acting as a sounding board for the CEO.
There are several responsibilities that are associated with the role of chairman. These responsibilities include:
- Leading, chairing and overseeing the performance of the leadership team
- Facilitating change within an organisation. This includes ensuring that all changes are communicated accurately and transparently
- Running monthly board meetings and ensuring each of the leadership team are accountable
- Ensuring the efficient functioning of the leadership team
- Co-ordinating the leadership team to ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for the effective management of the organisation
- Providing support and supervision to the CEO and senior team
- Addressing board-level conflict to help create the best possible operating environment
- Reviewing governance in the organisation to ensure that all decisions are in line with legal and regula….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE