Business Dev Director Job Description
This is a generic FREE business development director job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Business Development Director Purpose
The role of a business development director is to build and grow internal and external relationships in order to help the business to grow revenues and increase profits.
As well as leading sales and client-relationship management, the business development director will track new markets and trends, recommend new products and services, grow new strategic partnerships, write proposals, and helps guide the long-term objectives to meet business requirements.
The business development director will carry out most of your work with the sales teams. You will also work across multiple teams and be involved in leading strategic development across the organisation.
Business Development Director Responsibilities
- Driving increasing business revenue, identifying and developing new opportunities and building and expanding the presence of the company and its brands.
- Tracking new markets and emerging trends, recommending new products and services, proposes and developing new strategic partnerships
- Writing proposals and plans, and guiding long-term objectives to meet business needs and requirements
- Building and growing solid relationships with vendors, distributors and internal and external customers in order to bring new business opportunities to the organisation.
- Researching emerging trends and recommending new company offerings to satisfy customers’ needs.
- Identifying opportunities for the business to grow and increase profits.
- Finding potential partnership opportunities for the business with a view to expanding its reach and/or improving its processes.
- Presenting marketing opportunities to the business and helping to develop marketing strategies.
- Supporting the operations planning of an organisation to imp….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a business development director or another executive?