Operations Director Job Description
This is a generic FREE business Operations Director job description template.
If you require a job description specific to your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Operations Director Purpose
The Operations Director’s main responsibility will be to ensure that the processes and working environment in the organisation are as good as they should be.
The Operations Director will work with heads of department to ensure that all operations within the business run smoothly and according to any guidelines or regulations.
Note: The above is a generic job description for Operations Director. We have a suite of sector focussed job descriptions that your Executive Recruit search consultant can assist you with when working on your assignment.
Some of the responsibilities of an Operations Director are specific to an industry or to the business itself. However, there are some responsibilities that are generic. These responsibilities include:
- Working with the senior management team to set up goals that promote the growth of the business.
- Preparing budgets, schedules and any other documents that are required by the business.
- Developing plans and strategies to improve productivity and reduce costs within the business.
- Contributing to corporate strategy and lead development in the areas of production, purchasing and distribution to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Developing and controlling the budget for the Operat…..TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit an operations director or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Business Development Director Job Description
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Non-Executive Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description