IT Director Job Description
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide.This is a generic FREE business development director job description template.you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
IT Director Purpose
IT Directors are responsible for creating IT policies and strategies and ensuring that the organisation’s technology helps it to achieve its goals as well as managing the IT and computer systems of the organisation.
In addition, they are responsible for the overall management of the entire IT department including all employees who work there.
They are expected to work with different disciplines within the organisation to ensure that their IT requirements are met. Therefore, they should be adept at developing relationships with CEOs, heads of departments, and external contractors.
We have outlined some of the generic responsibilities this job role entails below. Bespoke job descriptions are designed for each vacancy registered with us, and specific duties will be stated in direct relation to your business, and the interlinking roles and responsibilities around your existing company structure.
- Developing an IT vision and goals for the organisation.
- Managing IT systems within the organisation including deployment, development, and upgrading.
- Sourcing new hardware and software and ensuring its smooth implementation.
- Developing SMART objectives for software, hardware, and storage and ensuring they are met.
- Developing and implementing business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Providing required expertise when IT systems are being installed or upgraded.
- Identifying potential security vulnerabilities and ensuring they are eliminated.
- Coordinating the organisation’s IT activi….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit an IT Director or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Non-Executive Director Job Description
Operations Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description