Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
This is a generic FREE CPO job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Chief People Officer Purpose
The responsibility of the Chief People Officer will be to manage the human capital of an organisation. The Chief People Officer will have responsibility for managing the HR function in a company, acting as the top people strategist within organisation.
As part of this role, the CPO will be expected to provide creative and insightful solutions to critical HR issues and advise other members of the executive team accordingly.
The role is regarded as the highest possible HR / People position and will requires years of skill, experience and knowledge.
Chief People Officer Responsibilities
- Building the HR function of the organisation.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training
- Playing a role in the strategic deliberations of the executive team.
- Supervising and leading the HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
- Implement and manage compliance efforts with all the employment laws and regulations that govern the private companies relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Providing insightful crisis management advice when required.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Investigate claims of misconduct and escalates to legal and security team as required.
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organisation objectives.
- Ensuring that the organisation’s values are reflected in people-oriented decisions.
- Driving the change management of the organisation.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and produ……TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLAT
Are you looking to recruit a CPO or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Business Development Director Job Description
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Non-Executive Director Job Description
Operations Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description