Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
This is a generic FREE CTO job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Chief Technology Officer Purpose
The CTO, will be responsible for the technology infrastructure of a company.
The Chief Technology Officer will be in charge of a company’s information technology and computer systems with duties including assessing current processes, recommending software upgrades, and directing the executive team on the best processes.
Note: Many organisations combine the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and hire one individual to have overall responsibility.
Chief Technology Officer Duties
Depending on the organisation within a company, CTO duties can be combined with CIO duties in one role. These responsibilities include:
- Being responsible for the technology architecture of an organisation.
- Developing, tracking and controlling the development of annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing and operations
- Running the team of IT engineers within the organisation.
- Using technology to improve on the products that the company has to offer.
- Assisting other departments in using technology effectively
- Researching any new technologies that may poten…TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a CTO or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Business Development Director Job Description
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Non-Executive Director Job Description
Operations Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description