Production Director Job Description
This is a generic FREE production director job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Production Director Purpose
The production director will create and oversee policies and procedures which ensure that the productivity of the organisation is optimised.
You will work with teams to make sure that processes are implemented and operated efficiently, including fulfilling order and meeting deadlines.
Note: There are production directors in areas such as manufacturing processes, print production and theatrical and broadcasting. While different types of production directors do different tasks, all professionals are responsible for fulfilling orders and meeting deadlines. We have a suite of sector focussed job descriptions which your Executive Recruit search consultant can assist you with when working on your assignment.
Production Director Responsibilities
There are several different responsibilities that are central to the role of Production Director. These responsibilities include:
- Overseeing the workforce in the production department
- Striving to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines
- Ensuring all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
- Setting ambitious production goals and communicate them to key personnel
- Providing motivation, support and guidance to all employees
- Communicating any problems or obstacles to senior management
- Establishing workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Creating schedules for employees to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Maintaining all production related documentations for future reference purposes
- Working with production team to manage production workflow, schedule and quality
- Ensuring that final product/s meets quality standards and customer specifications.
- Having a good understanding customer requirem……..TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a production director or another executive?