Non-Executive Director Job Description
This is a generic FREE business non-executive director job description template.
If you require a job description specific to your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Non-Executive Director (NED) Purpose
The non-executive director will be a member of a company’s board of directors but not part of the executive team. The NED will provide a creative contribution to the board by providing independent oversight and constructive challenge to the executive directors.
In addition, the NED will be expected to bring your independence to proceedings as you assist with business strategy and make sure that risks are managed effectively. Through years of experience, the Non-Executive Director will develop the business and be expected to challenge executive directors in order to do so.
Note: NEDs are not usually involved in the day-to-day management of the organisation but involved in policymaking and planning exercises.
Non-Executive Director Duties and Responsibilities
There are several responsibilities that fall within the remit of a Non-Executive Director. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that the Board of Directors establishes clear objectives and delivers agreed plans. Regularly review performance against these objectives.
- Supporting and challenging where appropriate, the leadership team to ensure that the Board of Directors conforms to the highest standards of corporate governance and makes appropriate decisions.
- Encouraging the best use of financial resources.
- Bringing an independent perspective to the board of a company.
- Assisting in the setting of strategy and objec……TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a non-executive director or another executive? Get in touch
Other Job Descriptions
Business Development Director Job Description
Chairman Job Description
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) Job Description
Chief Operating Officer (COO) Job Description
Chief People Officer (CPO) Job Description
Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
General Manager Job Description
Managing Director Job Description
Operations Director Job Description
Production Director Job Description
Sales Director Job Description
Trustee Job Description