Chief Information Officer (CIO) Job Description
This is a generic FREE business CIO job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Chief Information Officer Description:
As CIO, you will be responsible for the technology infrastructure of the company.
The CIO will be in charge of a company’s information technology and computer systems with duties including assessing current processes, recommending software improvements and directing the executive team on the best processes.
Note: Many organisations combine the role of Chief Information Officer (CIO) and Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and hire one individual to have overall responsibility.
- Managing the IT infrastructure of a company
- Designing a wide area connectivity network infrastructure with an emphasis on filling remote access needs
- Setting objectives and strategies for the IT department
- Approving purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers
- Being responsible for all of an organisation’s internal IT operations
- Using technology to streamline business processes
- Liaising and collaborating with the suppliers of IT infrastructure solutions for the organisation
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimise their strategic benefits
- Ensuring that IT infrastructure supports the goals and requirements of the business
- Building processes for data protection and quality assurance
- Negotiating contracts with vendors and service providers for installing new technology and training employees on its use
- Planning and strategising to control costs and improve productivity and ensure return on investment (ROI) on any expenditur……TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a CIO or another executive?