Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Job Description
This is a generic FREE CEO job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Purpose
As Chief Executive Officer (CEO), you will be responsible for the management of the operations of a company as well as setting its overall vision. The role involves a high level of responsibility, with pivotal decision making affecting the future of a company and its employees.
The Chief Executive Officer is the main driver of an organisation and is ultimately accountable to the main stakeholders / shareholders or the business.
Within this role, the CEO will be expected to oversee all operations including product development, logistics and marketing. The CEO will also be expected to develop and approve strategies for the company as well as communicating these strategies to an internal and external audience.
- Leading the development of the company’s short and long-term strategy, ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Making major corporate decisions, managing the overall operations and resources of a company.
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, government entities, and the public
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company, including directors, vice presidents, and presidents
- Developing fresh ideas for the running of the company.
- Monitoring how various departments of the company operate and how they work together to achieve overall goals.
- Creating and implementing strategies, together with the senior management team, to determine the direction the company will take.
- Enforcing adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Creating a positive culture in the company. This is don….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a CEO or another executive?