Trustee Job Description
This is a generic FREE trustee job description template.
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Trustee Role Purpose
As a trustee, you will be responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of an organisation, developing its aims, objectives and goals in accordance with company guidelines, legal and regulatory guidelines.
The trustees will carry out business on behalf of the trust. In your role, as a trustee, you will help to protect the wealth and assets of the organisation. You will be legally responsible for the assets and debts of a trust.
Depending on the situation, a trustee can have a range of responsibilities. These responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that an organisation complies with guidelines, legislation and any other legislation or regulations
- Making sure that an organisation pursues defined goals in line with its stated objectives.
- Monitoring the financial position and ensuring that it operates within its means and that there are clear lines of accountability for financial management
- Ensuring that the resources of an organisation are used only to pursue legitimate objectives.
- Contributing to the board of trustees’ role of providing strategic direction and supporting the development of policies, goals and targets.
- Maintaining the good name of the organisation.
- Making sure that the administration of the company is carried out efficiently.
- Ensuring the financial stability of an organisation.
- Scrutinising board papers and other communications
- Using specific expertise to assist in certain areas. This type of expertise is often specif………TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a business development director or another executive?