Chief Operating Officer, Birmingham
posted: 30th October 2023
Chief Operating Officer
**Architectural Planning Organisation
The role is to lead all operational aspects through the organisation, improve, develop and optimise all procedures, with a key focus on the implementation of agreed strategies.
Location – UK Based Remote (Our client is a UK architectural planning organisation, and the role will hold accountability for the operational leadership of the business. Remote based, there is an expectation that the appointed COO will be comfortable with attending UK office locations when necessary).
Package – Base Circa £110k – £130k + Bonus + Benefits (LTIP potential in relation to transition into full Board Appointment)
- Operational strategy, change and continuous improvement.
- Work collaboratively with the Board of Directors on short and long-term objectives.
- Strategy focus in relation to budgets, targets and outputs.
- Collaborate with other members of the Board in the development of functional strategies and plans.
- Lead on effective risk management across the organisation.
- Full accountability and lead on finance, Human Resources, risk, legal (company secretarial), IT and Marketing.
- Develop and manage the operational support team.
- Financial management and compliance
- Oversee the day-to-day financial and operational management, including budgeting, monitoring and risk management, ensuring all sectors and profit centres within the business are operating effectively to budget.
- Act as Company Secretary ensuring appropriate deadlines are met, providing overall corporate governance.
- Implement appropriate audit and control measures.
- Provide leadership, guidance and advice on all HR matters including employment law issues working specifically with the Non-Executive Board Director.
- Liaise regularly with the Board, attending meetings of the Board and subgroups as required and ensuring prompt and effective responses to agreed actions.
- Lead governance and Board reporting process and deliver its outputs efficiently and to time.
- Prepare budgets and manage specific marketing campaigns as required by sector strategies.
- Manage any change to IT provision to include negotiation of IT contracts and any associated licence negotiation.
- Ensure data security and GDPR processes are in place to protect the business and its clients.
- Extensive professional service business experience.
- Has experience of working within a “fee earning” business environment.
- Significant understanding of contract/agreement scrutiny, qualification and cost efficiency in relation to contract proposals.
- Has operated across the central-service, support function agenda.
- Possess a high degree of financial literacy.
- Has demonstrable and proven management and leadership skills.
- Experience of strategic business planning and can demonstrate experience of implementing change.
- A high degree of driving continuous improvement through a business, illustrating significant positive impact on business performance.
- Has Lead a business ensuring EBITDA is linked to operational processes, project delivery and improvement strategies.
Executive Recruit Ltd
LinkedIn Business: www.linkedin.com/company/executive-recruit