Procurement Director Job Description
If you require a job description specific for your industry sector and one which is appropriate to the size of your organisation then your Executive Recruit industry specialist will be able to provide.This is a generic FREE business development director job description template.you with a tailored role profile when undertaking your recruitment assignment.
Procurement Director Purpose
Procurement Directors are responsible for ensuring the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the purchasing process within the organisation. This involves setting purchasing policies, managing purchasing budgets, and overall management of purchasing processes.
The role also involves setting and facilitating the overall purchasing strategy of the organisation. In addition, they work with other professionals both inside and outside the organisation regarding purchasing, including communicating with managers, engineers, administrators, and sales representatives. They also work with vendors and suppliers to ensure the procurement process runs smoothly and improving it where necessary.
We have outlined some of the generic responsibilities this job role entails below. Bespoke job descriptions are designed for each vacancy registered with us, and specific duties will be stated in direct relation to your business, and the interlinking roles and responsibilities around your existing company structure.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the market to ensure best value and practices are maintained.
- Developing a procurement business plan for the organisation and ensuring that’s it’s communicated.
- Forecasting ongoing demand for goods and services.
- Negotiating contracts and service agreements with suppliers.
- Acting as the main contact point for organisational procurement related questions.
- Researching options to source best value products and services.
- Forecasting price trends and predi….TO BE CONTINUED. CLICK BELOW FOR THE FULL TEMPLATE
Are you looking to recruit a Procurement Director or another executive?