CEO, Peckham, London
posted: 17th November 2023
Inspirational Chief Executive Officer Opportunity with Prominent Christian Charity Pecan
Pecan is an impactful £1.3m Christian charity in South London transforming lives through innovative programs and uplifting community hubs.
With deep roots stretching back decades and an exciting future ahead, Pecan now seeks an extraordinary CEO to lead them into their next chapter. This is a rare opportunity to guide a well-respected charity through a period of strategic growth.
Reporting to a dedicated Board of Trustees, as CEO you will:
- Craft a strategic plan for the next three years
- Direct Pecan’s range of programs: Foodbanks, Pantry, Women’s Hubs, employment support, community café, and more
- Provide inspirational leadership to 37 staff and 100 volunteers
- Lead fundraising from Trust funds, corporates, churches, and individual donors
- Become the public face of Pecan, building the profile and fostering partnerships
- Ensure exemplary governance, risk management and compliance
- Promulgate Pecan’s Christian mission and values at all levels
This pivotal role requires practical and financial expertise, leadership experience, and excellent communication skills. You will be a practising Christian, passionate about transforming lives through faith in action and the charity’s values of Kindness, Belief and Hope.
This is a chance to lead a well-established, £1.3m charity making a substantial impact in South London. This rewarding position will give you the chance to:
- Work for a cause where you will directly help vulnerable and disadvantaged people access vital resources such as food, employment support and crisis aid.
- Join a charity with strong financials, dedicated staff and a committed Board.
- Enjoy collaborating with an active Board and effective senior managers to shape Pecan’s future and pioneer new initiatives.
- Combine business leadership with making a positive social impact as a practising Christian.
- Be welcomed into a charity with a warm, inclusive culture and strong ethos of compassion.
This is a platform to grow as a leader and make your mark by guiding Pecan into an exciting future. You will be inspired by the strength and stories of the people and communities the charity serves.
If you have a heart for service and the skills to lead, Pecan offers an incredibly rewarding opportunity to change lives.
How To Apply
Please submit your application no later than 9.00am on 24th November 2023.
A 2-page A4 letter explaining your motivation, which refers to the essential and desirable qualities we are looking for. An up-to-date CV including your email and postal addresses and personal phone number, and the contact details of two referees. These documents will be treated in the strictest confidence and should be emailed
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role prior to application, you can arrange a call with Emily at Executive Recruit via the email address above.
We welcome exceptional Christian leaders ready to make an impact.
Pecan treats everyone equally regardless of age, race, gender, disability, criminal record, sexual orientation, marital or civil partnership status, gender reassignment, faith, or any other criterion. It is however a requirement of the position that the post-holder is a practising Christian able to lead meetings in prayer and Bible study and communicate with Christian ministers and congregations.